Why learn about Headache Disorders?
- Headache is one of the commonest reasons for patients to consult with a doctor. The burden of headaches on patients, health services and society as a whole is extremely high. A wide range of effective treatments are available for most headache disorders.
- Studies show that headaches are under-estimated, under-diagnosed and under-treated.
- Patient’s quality of life can be greatly improved by effective diagnosis and treatment. The aim of the Headache Masterclass is to help you to manage these disorders more effectively.
Learn how to:
- Assess patients with headache.
- Diagnose major categories of headache accurately
- Decide when to investigate or refer patients
- Understand the evidence base for currently available treatments
- Develop effective, individualised treatment plans for your patients
- Learn how to put the recent NICE guidance on headaches into practice
Who should attend?
- General Practitioners and Specialist Registrars in General Practice
- Specialist Registrars, Associate Specialists and Staff Grades in Neurology
- Specialist Nurses and Physiotherapists
- Any other medical practitioner dealing with headache on a regular basis
- This course is accredited for 6 CPD points by the Royal College of Physicians
- Allergan Ltd are supporting this meeting with a grant that is contributing towards the printing of the course materials for delegates and marketing of the course, besides part-funding the venue hire and catering
- The sponsor had no involvement in the choice of speakers or preparation of the course content